Pelvic mesh compensation claims advice

pelvic mesh inquiry

We offer advice and representation for women who need to make a pelvic mesh compensation claim, and we can offer No Win, No Fee arrangements as well.

We’re currently helping several women who have signed-up for legal cases with us, and we have been helping people for these matters over many years. In Australia, a recent court victory was welcome news, and we have seen several settled actions in the US as well.  In the UK, there hasn’t been a successful group action as of yet (as far as we know), but we’re pursuing individual claims which can settle.

Whether your claim is against a manufacturer, surgeon or a hospital in general, we can help.

Can you make a claim for pelvic mesh compensation?

You may be eligible to make a pelvic mesh compensation claim if you have suffered problems or complications arising from the use of vaginal mesh.

Whether the mesh or sling itself has caused problems, or where surgery for implantation or removal has led to problems, you may have a valid case. There can be a number of ways in which patients suffer when something has gone wrong, and these can include:

  • Pain, bleeding and infections;
  • Protrusion or erosion of the mesh, which can affect organs;
  • Incontinence and prolapsing – which are both things some mesh is designed to resolve;
  • Internal injuries;
  • Nerve damage;
  • Muscular damage;
  • Loss of sexual function.

In some cases, the pain and problems can be so bad that women have been left unable to walk or work ever again. This kind of devastating impact on a victim’s life is something that needs to be treated as a priority.

What could you claim for?

There are several things that we take into account when we assess the value of a pelvic mesh compensation claim.

When we take a legal case forward, the idea is that any settlement should put you back in the position you were in prior to the event. Now, in some cases, we can’t make sure that you fully recover. That’s where compensation needs to reflect the extent and severity of suffering endured.

When you make a claim, you can seek:

  • General Damages: for any pain, suffering and loss of amenity caused;
  • Special Damages: for losses and expenses.

If private treatment and surgery can help your recovery, we could include this as part of a case. There can be no guarantees when it comes to claims for losses and expenses, but when they’re supported by an appropriate medical expert in a formal claim, we can justify recovering money for them.

If you can no longer work for the rest of your life, we may need to account for a lifetime’s worth of lost earnings. If the period of being unable to work isn’t permanent, we can recover amounts lost during any absence periods. This is all designed to put you back in the financial position you were in prior to your problems, and then you can claim for the pain and suffering in addition.

Speak to our team today for advice

You can speak to our team today for free, no-obligation advice about your options for making a pelvic mesh compensation claim.

When it comes to personal injury cases, we specialise in serious matters, and vaginal mesh cases usually fall into this category. We’re more than confident that our specialist lawyers and legal experts are best placed to help you, and you can speak to the team today on 0800 634 75 75.

The content of this post/page was considered accurate at the time of the original posting and/or at the time of any posted revision. The content of this page may, therefore, be out of date. The information contained within this page does not constitute legal advice. Any reliance you place on the information contained within this page is done so at your own risk.

Request a Callback from our team!

Fill out our quick call back form below and we’ll contact you when you’re ready to talk to us.
All fields marked * are required.

Your privacy is extremely important to us. Information on how we handle your data is in our Privacy Policy.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.