The number of people complaining about medical treatment in the UK is growing, as more and more of us question the quality of the care we receive. This is one of the reasons we receive a lot of enquiries from people who want to know if they have a valid claim for Medical Negligence Compensation.
Having to go to the doctors or receive treatment at a hospital is daunting enough for most people; especially when it involves operations and lengthy periods of treatment. It is human nature to worry about the “what ifs” of invasive surgery or starting a course of treatment that may result in unwanted side effects.
What’s worse is when we are let down by the medical experts we place our faith and trust in.
We’re only human, and humans make mistakes. When you suffer due to the negligence of a medical professional, we’re here to make sure that you are represented for a claim for compensation for any personal injury and loss that might have occurred.
Medical Negligence can arise from all sorts of scenarios, including:
- Failure to correctly diagnose you, or at all
- Wrong diagnosis
- Failure to correctly diagnose you in time
- Failure to treat (at all, or in time)
- Wrong treatment provided
- Medical mistakes
- Pressure / bed sore claims
Some common examples can be things like:
- Failing to diagnose a fracture
- Failing to be referred from your GP to a specialists following a lack of progress with symptoms
- Incorrectly diagnosing you meaning that you receive no, or no effective, treatment. This can lead to further complications
- Surgical errors that were either foreseeable or entirely preventable